Styling is involved in every Studio project and is responsible for achieving the desired ambience trough interior design and styling. It creates a particular sense of experience and captures the right feeling for a specific space.Our styling team has the ability to listen and observe what the clients need on a everyday basis. When done well, each space has its own identity. We accomplish this by combining materials, colors, objects, shapes, artworks, textures and light in just the right way.
Matching the signature, identity and quality level of Studio Piet Boon you will develop, produce and present Styling concepts for several ongoing projects within our studio. You develop and monitor multiple projects at the same time, taking into account both the technical and the practical application of the project and also taking into account the wishes of the client. Projects are with high-end clients, but also business projects. You have to find a way to empathize with the customer, but also with the products. You must have both conceptual and commercial insights.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Establish appropriate styling concepts within the style and quality of Studio Piet Boon, both for clients, the showrooms (Furniture, Kitchen, Bathroom) and the office building;
- Able to create Storytelling and creative direction from scratch;
- Manage and coordinate presentations to clients;
- Create fitting styling designs and presentations in the style and quality of Studio Piet Boon;
- Basic knowledge in the art field;
- Passionate about current trends and always updated regarding new styling brands;
- Able to create styling concepts and actual on-site installation for the living, bathroom, kitchen showrooms and Studio Piet Boon HQ;
- Develop one or more styling projects at the same time, taking into account both the technical and practical application of the design and the wishes of the client/customer;
- Develop all phases of a styling project, from concept till shipping management and administration of the delivery on site;
- Responsible for the styling storage administration;
- Able to create Excel lists for styling projects specifications;
- Is partly responsible for the budget control;
- Projects are with high-end customers, but also corporate projects. You have to find a way to empathize with the customer, but also with the products. You have to have both conceptual and commercial insights;
- Is partially responsible for the intern.
You are a proactive, creative and organized talent with a hands-on mentality that is able to think in a solution-oriented way. You are eager to learn and able to work on manual labour activities. You have an excellent feel for colours and materials, the latest trends in interior design, styling and art and have a good feeling for refinement and details. In addition, you have good communication skills, are a team player and are able to read and decvelop geometric drawings. You are accurate, disciplined and work consistently, with an ability to prioritize and multi-task on multiple projects simultaneously.
Skills and experience
- Education: minimum HBO level in the direction of Styling / Interior Design;
- A few years of experience in the field of Interior styling and Concept development;
- Thorough knowledge of brands in the field of accessories, good colour knowledge and feeling for detail and attention to the wishes of the customer;
- Thorough knowledge of various products and materials;
- Knowledge of the latest trends in (interior) styling;
- Experience with programs such as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator and basic Vectorworks; Excel;
- Used to set priorities and multi-tasking;
- Independent, but open to input from others;
- Perseverance and and flexibility in working hours;
- Communicates clearly, professionally and efficiently with colleagues (especially designers) and customers;
- Excellent oral and written expression skills in both Dutch and English.